בּהעלתך - "When You Mount"
Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Speak to Aaron and say to him, 'When you mount the lamps, the seven lamps will give light in the front of the lampstand.'"
|<< Previous (Naso)||Next (Sh'lach) >>|
The Hebrew Word
First use in Scripture
The first time alah is used in Scripture is in Genesis 2:6.
But a mist used to rise from the earth and water the whole surface of the ground.
Last use in Scripture
The last time alah is used in Scripture is in Zechariah 14:20.
This will be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths.
- The Seven Lamps - Numbers 8:1
- Cleansing the Levi'im - Numbers 8:5
- Retirement - Numbers 8:23
- The Passover - Numbers 9:1
- The Cloud on the Tabernacle - Numbers 9:15
- The Silver Trumpets - Numbers 10:1
- The Tribes Leave Sinai - Numbers 10:11
- The People Complain - Numbers 11:1
- The Complaint of Moshe - Numbers 11:10
- Seventy Elders to Assist - Numbers 11:16
- The Quail and the Plaque - Numbers 11:31
- The Murmuring of Miryam to Aharon - Numbers 12:1
Portraits of Messiah
Verse by Verse Notes
5 of the traditional 613 commandments are found in this parashah:
- 373- To slaughter the second Paschal Lamb- Numbers 9:11
- 375- To eat the second Paschal Lamb on the night of the 15th of Iyar- Numbers 9:11 3
- 82- Do not break any bones from the second paschal offering- Numbers 9:12
- 384- Do not leave the second paschal meat over until morning- Numbers 9:12
- 146- To sound the shofar when going to war
(traditionally: afflicting oneself and crying out before G-d in times of calamity)- Numbers 10:9
813 verses that include alah (Strong's #5927)