קרח - "Korah"
Now Korah the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, with Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, and On the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took action,
|<< Previous (Sh'lach)||Next (Chukat) >>|
The Hebrew Word
First use in Scripture
The first time korach is used in Scripture is in Genesis 36:5.
And Oholibamah bore Jeush and Jalam and Korah. These are the sons of Esau who were born to him in the land of Canaan.
Last use in Scripture
The last time korach is used in Scripture is in 1 Chronicles 9:19.
1 Chronicles 9:19
Shallum the son of Kore, the son of Ebiasaph, the son of Korah, and his relatives of his father's house, the Korahites, were over the work of the service, keepers of the thresholds of the tent; and their fathers had been over the camp of the LORD, keepers of the entrance.
- Korach's Rebellion - Numbers 16:1
- Murmuring and Plague - Numbers 16:41
- Aharon's Rod Buds - Numbers 17:1
- Duties of the Levi'im - Numbers 18:1
- The Portion of the Levi'im - Numbers 18:8
Portraits of Messiah
Verse by Verse Notes
9 of the traditional 613 commandments are found in this parashah:
- 15- To guard the Temple area - Numbers 18:2
- 45- No Levi must do another's work of either a kohen or a Levi - Numbers 18:3
- 63- One who is not a kohen must not serve - Numbers 18:4
- 16- Do not leave the Temple unguarded - Numbers 18:5
- 445- To redeem firstborn sons and give the money to a kohen - Numbers 18:15
- 388- Do not redeem the firstborn animals - Numbers 18:17
- 44- The Levi'im must work in the Temple - Numbers 18:23
- 427- To set aside ma'aser (tithe) each planting year and give it to a Levi- Numbers 18:24
- 420- The Levi must set aside a tenth of his tithe - Numbers 18:26
26 verses that include korach (Strong's #7141)