בֹּא - "Go"
Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the heart of his servants, that I may perform these signs of Mine among them,
|<< Previous (Va'eira)||Next (B'shalach) >>|
The Hebrew Words
First use in Scripture
The first time bo is used in Scripture is in Genesis 2:19.
Out of the ground the LORD G-d formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
Last use in Scripture
The last time bo is used in Scripture is in Malachi 4:6.
"He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse."
- The Plague of Locusts - Exodus 10:1
- Darkness Over the Land - Exodus 10:21
- The Last Plague - Exodus 11:1
- The Passover Lamb - Exodus 12:1
- Feast of Unleavened Bread - Exodus 12:14
- A Memorial of Redemption - Exodus 12:23
- Exodus of Israel - Exodus 12:33
- Ordinance of the Passover - Exodus 12:42
- Consecration of the Firstborn - Exodus 13:1
The plagues are examined in more detail in The Plagues of the Exodus article.
Portraits of Messiah
Verse by Verse Notes
21 of the traditional 613 commandments are found in this parashah:
- 192- The month of Pesach (Nisan) shall be the first month
(Traditionally: courts must calculate when a new month begins)- Exodus 12:2 3
- 70- To slaughter the paschal sacrifice at the specified time- Exodus 12:6
- 374- To eat the Paschal Lamb with matzah and maror on the night of the 14th of Nisan- Exodus 12:8
- 376- Do not eat the paschal meat raw or boiled- Exodus 12:9
- 383- Do not leave any meat from the paschal offering over until morning- Exodus 12:10
- 181- To destroy all chametz on 14th day of Nisan- Exodus 12:15
- 186- To eat matzah on the first night of Pesach- Exodus 12:18
- 185- Do not find chametz in your domain seven days during Pesach- Exodus 12:19
- 183- Do not eat mixtures containing chametz all seven days of Pesach- Exodus 12:20
- 378- An apostate must not eat from the Paschal Lamb- Exodus 12:43
- 379- A permanent or temporary hired worker must not eat from the Paschal Lamb- Exodus 12:45
- 377- Do not take the paschal meat from the confines of the group- Exodus 12:46
- 381- Do not break any bones from the paschal offering- Exodus 12:46
- 380- An uncircumcised male must not eat from the Paschal Lamb- Exodus 12:48
- 424- An uncircumcised kohen must not eat Terumah- Exodus 12:48
- 182- Do not eat chametz all seven days of Pesach- Exodus 13:3
- 184- Do not see chametz in your domain seven days during Pesach- Exodus 13:7
- 187- To relate the Exodus from Egypt on the first night Pesach- Exodus 13:8
- 386- To set aside the firstborn animals- Exodus 13:12
- 446- To redeem the firstborn donkey by giving a lamb to a kohen- Exodus 13:13
- 447- To break the neck of the donkey if the owner does not intend to redeem it- Exodus 13:13
2290 verses that include bo (Strong's #935)