בּהעלתך - "When You Mount"
Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Speak to Aaron and say to him, 'When you mount the lamps, the seven lamps will give light in the front of the lampstand.'"
|<< Previous (Naso)||Next (Sh'lach) >>|
The Hebrew Word
Alah (Strong's #5927) is a primitive root which means "to ascend". It is used 900 times in 813 verses in the Tanakh.
First use in Scripture
The first time alah is used in Scripture is in Genesis 2:6.
But a mist used to rise from the earth and water the whole surface of the ground.
Last use in Scripture
The last time alah is used in Scripture is in Zechariah 14:20.
This will be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths.
- The Seven Lamps - Numbers 8:1
- Cleansing the Levi'im - Numbers 8:5
- Retirement - Numbers 8:23
- The Passover - Numbers 9:1
- The Cloud on the Tabernacle - Numbers 9:15
- The Silver Trumpets - Numbers 10:1
- The Tribes Leave Sinai - Numbers 10:11
- The People Complain - Numbers 11:1
- The Complaint of Moshe - Numbers 11:10
- Seventy Elders to Assist - Numbers 11:16
- The Quail and the Plaque - Numbers 11:31
- The Murmuring of Miryam to Aharon - Numbers 12:1
Portraits of Messiah
Verse by Verse Notes